6 Ways Parents Can Improve Youth Hockey
- Children want teammates to applaud their success, not adults yelling instructions Think of the ice rink as a playground and not as a sports venue.
- What's appropriate at a sport stadium with adult athletes is NOT appropriate for young children at play.
- Focus on the process of playing and not the outcome - every child is a winner until adults tell them otherwise.
- Unlike the adult games, kids playing hockey do not see the other team as the enemy. The other team is full of their friends - friends from their school, their place of worship, their neighborhood. They are likely to be playing together in your backyard or in your den after the game.
- Cheer ANY and ALL success on the ice. It DOES NOT matter what player OR team. They are all kids and they want you there to see them play.
- Don't care who wins or loses, they are having fun and that is the objective NOT winning or losing.
A special thanks to KY Youth Soccer for the article.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_related_posts() in /nfs/c03/h06/mnt/57119/domains/phoenixcoyotescare.com/html/wp-content/themes/PhoenixCoyotesCare/single.php on line 32