Keeping Your Athlete Safe
As a parent, you play an important role in the safety of your youth athlete. These tips offer helpful advice as you strive for an injury-free season.
- Be pro-active about safety issues. Learn about the risks posed by the sport your child plays.
- Insist that coaches receive training in first-aid and injury prevention and bring a properly stocked first-aid kit to all games and practices.
- Guard against overuse injuries by encouraging your child to take part in a variety of sports throughout the year
- Demand safe fields and equipment, such as anchored goals and emergency telephones.
- Ask about the weather policy of your child’s league or club. If it doesn’t have one, adopt your own.
- Protect your child from a dangerous coach. Ask your club to run background checks on coaches.
- Get your child’s league or club to set up a risk management committee
Editor’s Note: Thank you to Elevating Athletes for this article.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_related_posts() in /nfs/c03/h06/mnt/57119/domains/phoenixcoyotescare.com/html/wp-content/themes/PhoenixCoyotesCare/single.php on line 32