How to Tape Your Hockey Stick
Taping a stick can help:
- Control the puck while stick handling
- Keep hands from slipping off the end of the stick
- Provide a better grip when shooting, stick handling, stick checking or picking the stick up off the ice.
The blade is taped to help cushion the puck and keep it on the blade while carrying the puck down the ice. Some players prefer white tape on the blade to help them see the puck better. Other players prefer black tape to try to hide the puck from their opponents. Players should stay with either white or black tape for their blade.
The handle is taped to provide a better grip and a knob is created that keeps the hand from slipping off the end of the shaft. It also makes it easier to pick up the stick when dropped on the ice. The use of color here is strictly a personal preference. Some players like to tape down the shaft where they place their lower hand. Tape on the middle of the shaft can interfere with sliding the down hand up and down and should be used only if gripping is a problem.
- Pick colors that you like or mix them to make it more personal. If your stick is in a big pile of sticks, your taping choice can help you quickly identify your stick.
- Take care of your stick and it will take care of you.
Editor’s Note: Special thanks to Sports Esteem for the above article.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_related_posts() in /nfs/c03/h06/mnt/57119/domains/phoenixcoyotescare.com/html/wp-content/themes/PhoenixCoyotesCare/single.php on line 32